EMAX Steel becomes the main supplier for nails in Nakuru (Kenya)

Emax steel mill employees at work
Emax steel mill employees at work

Nakuru, a county in Kenya, has a population of 1.3 Million. Up until 2014 there was no local supplier for nails in this county. Eric Ronoh, CEO of EMAX Steel, developed a successful business idea which now enables households as well as retailers to buy high quality nails locally for affordable prices. Eric’s progress in only 6 months has been remarkable, the need for expansion of his production is obvious. EMAX Steel had a great business start thanks to its mentor Bert Evers!

My TEF STory

Name:        Eric Ronoh

Country:    Kenya

Sector:       Common Nail manufacturing

Brand:        Emax Steel Mill

It has been great being one of the entrepreneurs of the Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program (TEEP 2015). Thanks to Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) and the mentorship by Hubertus Evers!

I have received first class entrepreneurship training, my business plan has been professionally evaluated by Accenture, and I was mentored on business expansion. I received $ 5,000 seed investment and it has really transformed my business.

Emax Steel mill specializes in production of common nails of different size from 1-3 inch. It is expected to catch the interest of a regular retailer and wholesaler loyal customer based on its quality and affordable common nail with constant supply to the market. The company plans to build a strong market position in the town, due to the owner industry experience and mild competitive climate in the area nail. The business buys rod of black drawn wire as the raw material then its reduced to different diameters, used for making different size of nail from 1 inch to 3 inch of nail. In future the business will venture into production of 4-6 inch of nails and also the U nails.

The business has been successful after receiving the TEEP training and weekly mentorship on business expansion and management and it has continued to grow and it has already hired 4 full-time employees to handle customer demand and day to day operations. The business has also managed to acquire all the machines required to produce quality and affordable nail. Our biggest challenges will be to meet market demand and acquire enough capital to expand the business.

Thanks a lot to the Tony Elumelu Foundation and my mentor Hubertus Evers. The TEF journey to develop Africa by Africans has started.

Kommentar schreiben

Kommentare: 11
  • #1

Remi (Sonntag, 31 Januar 2016 17:55)

Wonderful

• #2

MATHEW TONUI (Dienstag, 23 Mai 2017 14:56)

HELOW, I AM IN RONGAI IN NAKURU COUNTY, AND I HAVE AN INTEREST ALSO IN NAIL MAKING MACHINE ,SO I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR SUPPLY AND SALE PRICE SO THAT WE CAN DISCUSS WITH MY SACCO MEMBERS.

• #3

D K KAMAU (Sonntag, 23 Juli 2017 09:18)

Hi my name is Daniel lam in Ruiru kiambu lam interested to start making nails and l don't know where to buy machine and materials please advise me my email address is dan.kim.kamau@gmail.com

• #4

John Rono (Donnerstag, 11 Januar 2018 18:29)

Hi, I'm ready and very interested in starting nail making making busines in kenya ,please advice where I can get drawn wire, in nairob. U will really appreciate.
    Thanks in advance.

• #5

Muzamil Ahamed (Montag, 29 Januar 2018 13:22)

Mr. John Rano , please give your email id , so we can send our product details , we are manufacturer of drawn wire .muzamil@alkhaleejsteels.com

• #6

Tom Patrick (Donnerstag, 08 Februar 2018 09:30)

muzamil@alkhaleejsteels.com Salaam Aleikom Sir .Am Tom chaka from Kakamega county bt resident Nrb.. I came across yuor email over the internet over Ronos Nail ent Nakuru. Am always interestd in Self empl over my adult life n i v a comercial plot on kkmg-Mumias rd n iv always dreamt of a Nail n Construction material biz esp.. With lots devolved county funds at counties . My handicap is Capital/ mterial to put up a Nail production unit on the land . Kindly assist me conect me with any aHonest/potential Capital partner to actualise my Industrial Dream Sir. Am a50 yr old non--alchoholic A-level father of 4 college kids with a 24 yr record of self emplyment with abig admirer of economics. Thank you sir for time.

• #7

Daniel Arenja (Samstag, 24 März 2018 15:36)

I need ready drawn wire kindly give a quote on this to enter into continuous trade agreements

• #8

Aklilu (Dienstag, 01 Mai 2018 12:18)

I want to jointly work on nail business with your good and successful company. We are neighbors and here we have big market as you already knew about it. So can we work together for our mutual benefit like African brothers?

• #9

Fuade ahmed (Freitag, 04 Mai 2018 22:36)

i need nail for wooden

• #10

Patrick Kahiga (Montag, 11 Februar 2019 12:22)

kindly do you use LPG gas for your processes.
    reply on pkahiga@protoenergy.com

• #11

PADAM JAIN (Mittwoch, 22 Mai 2019 09:45)

WE ARE MFRS AND EXPORTERS OF CARBIDE WIRE DRAWING DIES FOR STEEL AND COPPER ALUMINIUM WIRES.
    WE MANUFACTURE ALL SHAPES PROFILES WIRE DRAWING DIES IN INDIA BANGALORE